From "End Times" to "New Times"


 

Happy New Year!


Wow is that red and green thing annoying or what? At least I didn't make it blink or something. Anyway Happy New year everyone and I hope we all woke up this morning fresh and ready to take on the world!!!

I think most might just want a cup of coffee and an Aspirin.Then we start to break all of  the New Year resolutions we made. Yep, what's a cup of Java without a smoke and and a sugar doughnut. I mean what the hell, I can always start tomorrow when I go to work and it's easier to avoid these things but today I just want to enjoy all the stuff I am supposed to be giving up just one last time.

I love this quote from Mark Twain:

"New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions." 

But seriously, I did a little surfing this morning and found some interesting resolution that people have made and it made me think. For instance, one I saw said that they would

"be more vigilant to wash their hands after using the rest room."

and what a great idea. I always wash after I use the rest room but it occurred to me that really I should wash before I go as well because I know my stuff is clean but what was on the door handle when I went into the rest room.  How about this one...

"Start a blog about how I would write more often if I had something important to write. Only make one blog entry and leave it published for years"

now I believe I have done that in the past so this one I will break and do two or three posts a year.  Actually that is more like my website UTC Rock and Roll  but that's another post altogether.

OK one more of these.....

"Go back to school to avoid paying my student loans" 

now that one almost makes sense.

(By the way I got these from HubPages just want to share the love of the Internet.)

Enough "Resolution" how about "Revalations" yes those wonderful wacky predictions of the future.

From  ONTD  (Oh No They Didn't) and Mr Sidney Friedman I found a couple of very interesting predictions. One disturbing prediction is......

" A huge discovery is made, or a significant event occurs, regarding solar flares.

The number 9, the number 2, and a heart-shaped image in the sky in some way will be part of this year’s events."

I mean that is something but the big shake up is......

" In a quasi shakeup, Jimmy Fallon is named host of NBC’s  Tonight Show, replacing Jay Leno."

Wow now that is really something.

All kidding, resolutins and revalations aside I did see on more prediction I think we can all hope and pray for and that is......

"Contrary to current tension, and against all reasoned historical probability, there is an unusual, unexpected calm with a period of peaceful understanding in the Middle East by summer of this year between either Israel and the Palestinians, or Israel and Iran, achieved not by political leaders, but by common citizens."

So no matter what you wished for, for Christmas or what resolutions you made for the New Year just remember this quote.......


Read more at Brain Quote 


Thank you for reading
Brooks Ingersoll

Comments

Wop said…
I would definitely wash my hands more often...
And, hey, if you're bored... click my name and listen to my End of Days show. :)

Hope all is well brotherman
Anonymous said…
I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. cheers
my web page: diets that work for women
Anonymous said…
WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for plants
my site > diets that work

Popular posts from this blog

Put Summer away and bring Winter out.

Who Inspired Me?

Gotta Love the Grand Kids.